One of the Best Groundcovers!
We love Bowles Periwinkle (Vinca minor ‘Bowles’)! This is hands down one of our top favorite plants. (We’ll be honest - the top of our list is very long. We love plants, what can we say? But this one is cream of the crop!) How much do we love it? Let us count the ways:
1) It is hardy across most of America from cold zone 4 to tropical zone 10.
2) It spreads like a champ. It will fill those bare spots in your garden before you can say “Hey! That was a bare spot!” (And it just keeps spreading until you tell it not to.)
3) It is sun tolerant in northern zones and thrives in dappled or even deep shade in the South.
4) It is evergreen in all but the most extreme climates.
5) It has large, eye-catching violet-blue pinwheel-shaped flowers all spring, with some sporadic blooms in summer.
6) It adapts to just about any soil but needs good watering to look its best.
7) Once it fills in it blocks out weeds, so it is a great natural mulch alternative.
8) It is good for firescaping.
9) It is great trailing out of containers or filling big beds.
10) Use it for erosion control on a shady bank.
We know that every garden has a spot for Bowles Periwinkle, so if you’re reading this, you should go ahead and order some from us right now. You’ll find the perfect spot and we know you’ll be so glad you did!
* Beautiful Purple Blooms
* Glossy Green Foliage
* Thrives in Deep Shade
* Tolerant of Both Drought and Wet Conditions
|Botanical Name||Vinca minor 'Bowles'|
|Mature Height||6 - 10 inches|
|Mature Spread||2 - 3 feet|
|Soil Type||Widely Adaptable|
|Sun Exposure||Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade|
|Bloom Period||Early Spring, Late Spring|
|Flower Color||Blue, Purple|
|Growing Zone Range||4-10|
Write Your Own Review